Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Who Loves Ya, Baby?

In the run-up to Valentine's Day, I'm going to start posting recommendations for Greatest Ever Love Songs here (please feel free to join in).

To start the list off in style, here's a little something that not only fulfills the Top Slush criteria, but picks up a couple of Animal Disco bonus points along the way: as well as being one of the campest videos ever made, surely Telly's fag breaks all known world records for clinging on to its ash build-up for as long as it does.

This video (and, of course, the song itself) is today's Random Act of Kindness. I love it - I hope you do, too.



Little Extra
Sorry, there isn't an actual video to go with this one (or if there is, I couldn't find it). So, press play, close your eyes and wallow in the Love Song equivalent of a cup of hot chocolate on a freezing cold day. The divas are coming ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' these, but if "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" by Elvis Presley doesn't appear somewhere in the Top Ten I'm going to impose a smoking ban on Telly.

You forget to add that for the full effect, you're gonna need a swirl of cream on top of that Misty hot chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, this is all very strange. My late husband Jack and I had our first wedded dance to Telly Savalas's 'If'. For a long time after Jack died, I couldn't bear to hear that song 'Misty Blue'. Only now can I look back and smile, and realise how beautiful both songs are (as was our marriage). Thank you for bringing back some wonderful memories for me.

Melissa said...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your positive responses. But cream AND hot chocolate? How on earth does that tie-in with the New Year's diet resolutions??? Make do with looking out for Elvis instead, please ...

Liz: I'm glad the songs bought happy memories rather than sad ones. 'If' is such a gorgeous wedding song to choose!

Keep on keeping on, all who visit here,

xxx