Sunday, September 14, 2008

There's a moose loose? Let's keep it that way!


As regular readers are already aware, I'm not that big on political commentating. But today, I'm going to make an exception to that state of affairs, if only in my usual, second hand way.

I urge you to read Paul Theroux's gorgeous piece, as it appeared in yesterday's Guardian. It's called 'The Bloody Rise of the Vote Hunter' (go on, clickety-click) and it really, really struck a chord with me. I bet it does with you, too - either way, please let me know?

As for Sarah Palin winning 'the feminist vote' in America - well, to say pah to that would be putting it mildly. If there's anything left of the original cause itself, she's put it back around a hundred years. But hey, that's just my opinion. And as we've already established, I'm not that big on political commentating ...

Enjoy what's left of the weekend, y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't put lipstick on a pig, but putting antlers on a labrador is okay? Moose don't have antlers. Dogs don't have horns at all. I'll allow you your point about Sarah, though. And yes, I liked the Guardian feature too.